Tuesday, May 6, 2014

2014 NBA Playoffs Predictions: Round 2

So I'm a little late with predictions for round two--I'm still thrown off by how unexpected round one was (and how wrong I was)--but here they are:

Eastern Conference

Indiana Pacers vs. Washington Wizards--This series is a toss-up. The Wizards have proven themselves to be a contender team and since the fragile Pacers aren't looking better since the postseason started, I'm thinking Washington could very well take this one. John Wall and Bradley Beal have brought the Wizards to the second round for the first time since 2005, but the only reason I want Indiana to win is because Miami has a hard time with them and the Pacers would certainly tire the Heat out. With my favorite teams--Chicago and Golden State--out in the first round, my only priority is finding a team to possibly beat the Heat or, at least, make their lives difficult before they head to the finals. Wizards in six or Pacers in seven.

Miami Heat vs. Brooklyn Nets--This should be a good series. With some of the ex-Boston stars on Brooklyn now, the memory of almost beating the Heat in game seven two years back in the Eastern Conference Finals will surely push Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Co. to make this series last as long as possible. Heat in six.

Western Conference

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Los Angeles Clippers--I don't know if it's possible, but this series should be even more exciting than GSWvsLAC and MEMvsOKC. As much as I love the KD/Westbrook duo, in the long run, I don't think they can beat the Heat in the finals so I don't want them to win. I also don't think they can beat the Clippers even though both teams are highly offensive teams. Unless OKC finds a way to stop DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin on defense, the Clippers are nearly unstoppable. Clippers in seven.

San Antonio Spurs vs. Portland Trail Blazers--This is also going to be a fun series. Old talent versus young energy will make it an exciting one. LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard have brought the Trail Blazers to the second round for the first time in 14 years, but I think the talent of the Parker/Duncan/Ginobili trio, not to mention the coaching of Gregg Popovich, will win out in the end. Spurs in six.


No comments:

Post a Comment